Welcome!

We're so glad you've come to visit us.... virtually!
Please feel free to post comments. We'd love to know what you think!

Friday, January 30, 2009

Kindermusik had to be fixed!

Well, we LOVE Kindermusik and we love Mrs. Sheila (our teacher). Yesterday was our first day of Kindermusik for the semester. We are doing a sign and sing class. I'm really excited about this class and learning the signs with Holly. She already uses:

Clean-up
All-done
Bath
Potty

We take our class with some of our good friends, the twins (Camden and Grayden) and Lily. In fact most of the class is composed of people I call friend and babies that Holly recognizes.

There was one bad thing -- there was this terrible little girl that kept being violent toward our babies. She actually PUSHED Holly. Her Mom didn't even correct her. Boy, I wanted to knock her mama's block off! I managed to be civil. But I did point it out to her ... she said "Oh" corrected her daughter, then said "she's never done anything like that before"... well that's BS b/c the whole class had just watched her do it to Grayden and Camden a few minutes before!

Of course, Holly was in tears, I don't think she realized what happened -- hopefully, thankfully. That is the kind of behavior that if these babies see too much go uncorrected they might think it's OK. It almost seems catching. We would never allow Holly to act like that. I know I can't protect her forever, but I will as long as I can.

Anyway.... three of us (Sherri, Johanna, and I) had conversations with the teacher about it and she is going to ask the girl to move to a different class. I'm really glad Sheila (the teacher) addressed our concerns quickly. I really appreciated that.

1 comment:

  1. Amen, sister! Our sweet babies deserve a safe and happy environment. We love Mrs. Sheila for being so understanding. And seeing Holly cry was SO sad! She never cries! :( I'm glad you were brave enough to say something to the mom - I just let her attack my babies and asked Sheila to fix it like a big chicken...

    ReplyDelete