Holly's officially in the "picky toddler" eating phase (per Dr.Hull -- I was worried because she wanted more and more formula and quit eating fruit and most veggies).
She eats mostly formula (in a straw cup), avocados and cheerios.
The other day she got a bit overzealous with the avocado and then fell asleep in her high-chair. It was sooooo adorable! As long as she's eating her formula she's getting all the nutrition she needs, but she does have to learn to eat eventually so we're working on getting it down to three formula cups a day.
I tried to skip the morning cup the other day.... big boo boo.... suffice it to say, she was not happy, she thought it was bottle weaning all over again. So, we will continue to have the morning cup. I'll try one of the mid morning or mid afternoon cups instead.
Sunday we went to Pojo's birthday party -- it was a lot of fun. Holly was so busy, the whole time. Mary and Matthias were helping her a long and Pojo and Grangie were just enammered with their grandbaby!
Monday we went to the St.Vincent De Paul's (Heather & Katie's church) Mommy & Me -- it was lots of fun, we got to play with all kinds of unfamiliar toys.
Yesterday we went to Kindermusik and learned some new signs (which help stimulate additional vocabulary). Holly can now say keys (which she already said, but didn't know it ... she says Key for Katie). We also realized that she is making her own sign for more (or a lot). She touches her right index finger to her left palm.
We're having our floors re-done next week. Holly and I will be at Marmee's during the day while they work on the house. We're looking forward to the adventure!
Holly has decided that it is hilarious to pull Cyndell's tail..... as you can imagine, Cyndell isn't so happy about that. We're working on it.
Holly LOVES her blocks -- her favorite toys right now. We clap together every time she stacks a block. Also, she is OBSESSED with "The Going to Bed Book" by Sandra Boynton. She doesn't want me to read any other bed time books except that one. Over and over and over. It's really cute... but I'm getting a little sick of that book. I think she likes the animals (there's a pink piggy, a cat, a moose, etc...), moon, and boat.
She is so much fun to play with, now days, and she is so adorably cute.... I just love being her Mommy. Better run... we have a play date this morning!

Holly is getting so big, I love how she feel asleep at the high chair that is so cute!!!
ReplyDelete